Chopwell Wood is a mixed conifer and broadleaf woodland, of almost 1000 acres, covering an area on the northern slopes of the Derwent Valley. It is situated about 10 miles south-west of Gateshead, in the north-east of England. The Wood is bordered to the north by Garesfield Golf Course, to the east by the villages of High Spen and Rowlands Gill, to the south by the River Derwent, and to the west by the villages of Chopwell and Blackhall Mill.
Description harvested from Friends of Chopwell Woods
- Wildlife at Chopwell Woodland Park
- Chopwell Woods - Find a Walk
- Chopwell Woodland Park - Mountain Biking
- Sam Judson's photos of Chopwell Woods
- Flickr Tags - Chopwell Woods