Sandyford is home to FPP Brand Communications - the European award winning communications agency, and several local commodities, such as; a 'Spar' shop, an Italian bistro, an Italian restaurant, an Italian sandwich shop. There is a futher two other sandwich shops, an award winning fish'n'chip shop, a Chinese takeaway, a [post office] and a car garage. It's similar to both Heaton and Jesmond in terms of street layout and architecture.
Info adapted from Sandyford - Wikipedia
All photos taken 2007 - 2008.
Mouse over street names or more information.
Deuchar House(Sandyford Brewery)
Built as a bonded warehouse for the company Sandyford Brewery, Deuchar House is constructed from sandstone ashlar and follows the curve of Sandyford Road.
John Arnison Simson operated the Sandyford Brewery prior to 1887 when it was acquired by Robert Deuchar Ltd. The Sandyford Brewery was then sold to Newcastle Breweries in 1941. Brewing ceased in 1961, although the maltings continued to be used until about 1970.
In 1984 the warehouse converted into apartments.
Photographs by Peter Loud - 1970's Sandyford