Most of all I like to document the ever increasing pace of change here in Newcastle taking snapshots of places before and after they change. I also hope this website shows off our great city even though I am no professional photographer.
The full list of parts of Newcastle that I've photographed can be seen in the rather unwieldy sidebar over there on the left. You can also browse this site two other ways. The first way is by area, each of the following 6 areas Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Durham and South Tyneside have their own page with a link list and interactive map. The second way is by labels, at the bottom of each page, which means if you click on the label "Byker" or "Heaton" you will see all the pages which have photographs from that area.
You can also enjoy guided walks in my Walking the River Tyne Westwards Project in which I walked from Newcastle to Hexham in 8 stages, see some Old Photos of Newcastle and Reader Submitted Old Photos of Newcastle.
Please get in touch if you have any old photos of the area that you would like to share with the readers of this site or if there is a part of Newcastle you would like to see featured here in the future.
Recent New Pages
- 23rd November 2018 - Eldon Square Remembrance 2018
- 23rd November 2018 - Fenwicks Christmas Window 2018
- 6th November 2018 - Walker Park - July 2018
- 1st November 2018 - Ouseburn 2018
- 16th October 2018 - Byker 2017 - 2018
- 4th October 2018 - Walker Road Storm Damage Sep 2018
- 1st October 2018 - Collingwood Street
- 18th September 2018 - Nelson Street
- 11th September 2018 - Broad Chare
- 13th August 2018 - Quayside 2018
- 25th July 2018 - Old Eldon Square
Updated Pages in recent weeks
- 11th December 2018 - Newcastle Eagles Community Area
- 27th November 2018 - Bigg Market
- 23rd November 2018 - Blackett Street
- 23rd November 2018 - Newgate Street Shopping Centre Redevelopment
- 6th November 2018 - Science Central
- 1st November 2018 - River Tyne and The Quayside Panoramic Photographs
- 1st November 2018 - River Tyne & Quayside 2018
- 1st November 2018 - Newburn
- 1st November 2018 - Grainger Market 2014 +
- 1st November 2018 - Armstrong Park
- 31st October 2018 - Pilgrim Street - Odeon Cinema Demolition
- 2nd September 2018 - Redheugh Bridge
- 2nd September 2018 - Dunston Staiths
- 2nd September 2018 - Tyne Bridge
- 13th August 2018 - Westgate Road
- 7th August 2018 - QE II Bridge (Metro Bridge)
- 7th August 2018 - King Edward VII Bridge
- 7th August 2018 - Jesmond Dene
- 7th August 2018 - Grey Street
Below are a few of the most popular photos on this site. Mouseover to find out what page they are from or click on them to be taken to that page.
All images on here are © newcastlephotos.blogspot.com/ please contact me if you wish to use any of my photographs for any purpose.