The full list of parts of Newcastle that I've photographed can be seen in the rather unwieldy sidebar over there on the left. You can also browse this site two other ways. The first way is by area, each of the following 6 areas Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Durham and South Tyneside have their own page with a link list and interactive map. The second way is by labels, at the bottom of each page, which means if you click on the label "Byker" or "Heaton" you will see all the pages which have photographs from that area.
Please get in touch if you have any old photos of the area that you would like to share with the readers of this site or if there is a part of Newcastle you would like to see featured here in the future.
UPDATE: April 2021
Covid lockdowns have meant this website is pretty NE6-centric of late and also that I've been unable to finish up with a few city centre projects that I was snapping. In the scheme of things it's not that important that a few pages remain unfinished.
Two things all this spare time has done for me is that I've been able to go back through this entire website fixing issues like broken links, my crappy coding etc. With the website now over 15 years old and containing almost 700 pages this was quite a big job which I've now finished.
The other is that I've spent some time getting 15 years worth of photos I've taken into some kind of order on my PC and I've found so many photos that should have went up on this site in the past. Watch out for some of these older photos along with the usual stuff throughout the year.
Like all of us I'm hoping things will change for the better this year.
In the meantime stay safe and take care of those around you.
- 5th April 2021 - Utilita Arena Newcastle
- 5th April 2021 - Gateshead Quayside - Brett Oils Demolition
- 8th March 2021 - Building The Tyne Bridge
- 14th February 2021 - Quayside 2021/02 (Snow)
- 23rd January 2021 - Jesmond Vale
- 13th January 2021 - Old Photos of Bath Lane
- 2nd January 2021 - Byker Estate - Chirton
- December 2020 - Old Photos of Armstrong Bridge & Craft Fair
- December 2020 - Sandyford - Dinsdale Place Graffiti
- October 2020 - Newcastle in the 1800's
Latest Updated Pages
- 9th April 2021 - Walker Parish Church and Cemetery. The grave of a local born world champion, snow and Parakeets!
- 9th April 2021 - Ouseburn - Lower Steenberg’s Yard Construction
- 9th April 2021 - Iris Brickfield
- 5th April 2021 - Reader Submitted Old Photos of Newcastle. A great photo of the Quayside Market sent in by Graeme Potts.
- 4th April 2021 - Walker Riverside Park
- 26th February 2021 - Walker Park
- 25th February 2021 - Byker - Shields Road
- 23rd February 2021 - Paddy Freemans
- 23rd February 2021 - Northumbria University
- 20th February 2021 - Byker - St Peters Basin
- 20th February 2021 - Gateshead - St Marys Church
- 20th February 2021 - Quayside - Bessie Surtees House
- 20th February 2021 - Quayside - Close
- 17th February 2021 - Walker - Woodside Avenue
- 17th February 2021 - Swan Hunters Shipyards
- 17th February 2021 - St Lawrence's Square in Byker
- 17th February 2021 - Keelmans Hospital
- 17th February 2021 - St Anns Church
- 16th February 2021 - City Road
- 16th February 2021 - Guildhall
- 16th February 2021 - Byker - Harbottle Park
- 15th February 2021 - Ouseburn Street Art and Graffiti
- 15th February 2021 - Ouseburn School
- 15th February 2021 - Walker - Scrogg Road War Memorial
- 14th February 2021 - Sailors’ Bethel
- 7th February 2021 - North Shields Fish Quay. Added photos of Clifford's Fort.
- 1st February 2021 - Scotswood Railway Bridge. Added 4 panoramic photographs taken in 2010.
- January 2021 - Jesmond - Brandling Park
- January 2021 - Swing Bridge
- January 2021 - Armstrong Park. Added a few photos of wild parakeets living in Armstrong Park.
- December 2020 - The Baltic Arts Museum
- December 2020 - All Saints Church
Some of the most popular pages on this site. Click on the link or the picture to be taken to the corresponding page.
|River Tyne & Quayside 2020|
|River Tyne & Quayside 2019|
|Castle Keep - Black Gate|
|The Literary & Philosophical Society|
|The Civic Centre|
|Quayside Sunset - Oct 2016|
|Tynemouth Castle & Priory|
|High Level Bridge|
|St Nicholas Cathedral|
|The Tyne Bridge|
|Tynemouth (Storm Doris) 2017|
|River Tyne & Quayside Panoramic Photos|
|St James' Park|
|The Collingwood Monument|
|St Mary's Lighthouse|
|River Tyne & Quayside reflections Oct 2014|
|Centre For Life|
|St Nicholas' Hospital|
|North Shields Fish Quay|
|Wallsend - Richardson Dees Park|
|Derwent Walk Country Park|
|Jarrow - The Monastery & church of St Paul|
All images on here are © newcastlephotos.blogspot.com/ please contact me if you wish to use any of my photographs for any purpose.