Mostly, I like to document the ever increasing pace of change here in Newcastle but there are also many photos of of our historic buildings, iconic bridges, beautiful parks, statues and much, much more.
When I first started this site it was little more than an image dump but I am in the process of adding more context, historical information and dates that the photos were taken to each page where possible. Most pages on this site are updated on a rolling basis with newer photos every now and again and photos are shown newest first.
All the places in Newcastle I've photographed can be seen in the sidebar on the left. If you are on mobile device and you can't see the sidebar choose "desktop view" to reveal it.
Probably the best way to browse this site though, is each of the following 5 areas, Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, Gateshead and Durham and South Tyneside have their own page with a list of links to all of my photos in that area and an interactive map.
As well as all of the above you can also join me on my Walking the River Tyne Westwards Project, view My Urban Exploration Photos and see Old Photos of Newcastle.
Please get in touch if you have any old photos of the area that you would like to share with the readers of this site or if there is a part of Newcastle you would like to see featured here in the future. Contact me here.
UPDATE: April 2022
Covid 19 has meant this website is pretty NE6 centred of late and also that I've been unable to finish up with a few city centre projects that I was doing. In the scheme of things it's not that important that a few pages remain unfinished.
I've spent some time getting 17 years worth of photos I've taken into some kind of order on my PC and I've found so many photos that should have went up on this site in the past. Watch out for some of these older photos along with the usual stuff throughout the year.
Latest New Pages
- 10th June 2022 - Groat Market
- 9th June 2022 - Spillers Quay - H.M.S. Tyne
- 2nd March 2022 - Pilgrim Street Redevelopment. Page also includes demolition photographs of many different buildings including The Bank of England, The Odeon Cinema which previously had their own pages on this site.
- 2nd March 2022 - Pilgrim Street - Worswick Chambers
- 9th February 2022 - Blakelaw
- 9th February 2022 - Ryton Willows. Photos from 2 visits in 2018.
- 11th December 2021 - Sandhill
- 16th November 2021 - River Tyne and Quayside at sunset
Recently Updated Pages
- 21st June 2022 - City Road - Barley Mow/Stereo Pub
- 21st June 2022 - Pilgrim Street Redevelopment. Photos from the 11th and 16th of June added.
- 15th June 2022 - Tyne Bridge
- 15th June 2022 - Quayside 2020 - 2022
- 15th June 2022 - Sandhill
- 14th June 2022 - Blackett Street
- 13th June 2022 - St Peters Basin
- 9th June 2022 - Pudding Chare
- 6th June 2022 - Neptune Energy Park
- 6th June 2022 - Ouseburn 2020 - 2022
- 6th June 2022 - Ouseburn Schools and Ballast Hills Burial Ground
- 6th June 2022 - Ouseburn Street Art and Graffiti
- 6th June 2022 - Lower Steenberg’s Yard Construction
- 3rd June 2022 - Manors
- 3rd June 2022 - Jesmond Vale
- 1st June 2022 - Pilgrim Street Redevelopment. More photos of the continued demoltion of Commercial Union House.
- 24th May 2022 - Quayside Market
- 22nd May 2022 - Ouseburn Farm
- 18th May 2022 - Holy Jesus Hospital
- 18th May 2022 - Gateshead Quayside - Brett Oils Demolition
- 18th May 2022 - City Road
- 18th May 2022 - Sandyford
- 18th May 2022 - Millennium Bridge
- 18th May 2022 - New Bridge Street West and New Bridge Street West - Lying-in Hospital
- 13th May 2022 - Heaton, Heaton Road and Heaton Park
- 12th May 2022 - Shields Road
- 12th May 2022 - Byker 2021 and 2022
- 29th April 2022 - Newcastle University
- 28th April 2022 - Barras Bridge - The Response (War Memorial)
- 27th April 2022 - Northumberland Road
- 27th April 2022 - Spital Tongues
- 26th April 2022 - Bigg Market
- 25th April 2022 - The Swing Bridge
- 12th April 2022 - Haymarket
- 12th April 2022 - Jesmond
Some of the most popular pages on this site. Click on the link or the picture to be taken to the corresponding page.
|River Tyne & Quayside 2018 to 2019|
|Armstrong Park Shoe Tree|
|River Tyne & Quayside 2020 and 2021|
|Castle Keep - Black Gate|
|The Literary & Philosophical Society|
|The Civic Centre|
|Tynemouth Castle & Priory|
|High Level Bridge|
|St Nicholas Cathedral|
|The Tyne Bridge|
|River Tyne & Quayside Panoramics|
|St James' Park|
|The Collingwood Monument|
|St Mary's Lighthouse|
|River Tyne Reflections|
|Centre For Life|
|St Nicholas' Hospital|
|North Shields Fish Quay|
|Wallsend - Richardson Dees Park|
|Derwent Walk Country Park|
|Jarrow Monastery & St Paul's Church|
All images on here are © newcastlephotos.blogspot.com/ please contact me if you wish to use any of my photographs for any purpose.