I first picked up a camera in 2005 to take some photos of The Tall Ships on the Quayside and things just went from there and some 12 years later this site is still going strong. Most of all I like to document change in Newcastle taking snapshots of places before, and after, they change and secondly I hope this website shows off our great city even though I am no professional photographer. I am constantly updating older pages with new photos and adding new pages to this site.
The full list of parts of Newcastle that I've photographed can be seen in the rather unwieldy sidebar over there on the left. You can also browse this site two other ways. The first way is by area, each of the following 6 areas Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Durham and South Tyneside have their own page with a link list and interactive map. The second way is by labels, at the bottom of each page, which means if you click on the label "Byker" or "Heaton" you will see all the pages which have photographs from that area.
You can also enjoy guided walks in my Walking the River Tyne Westwards Project in which I walked from Newcastle to Hexham in 8 stages, see some Old Photos of Newcastle and Reader Submitted Old Photos of Newcastle.
Please get in touch if you have any old photos of the area that you would like to share with the readers of this site or if there is a part of Newcastle you would like to see featured here in the future.
Recent New Pages
- 21st April 2018 - Newcastle Eagles Commuunity Area
- 11th March 2018 - High Bridge
- 2nd March 2018 - Newgate Street
- 26th January 2018 - Leazes Park - Snow January 2018
- 26th January 2018 - Sandyford 2015
- 23rd January 2018 - Percy Street 2017
- 23rd January 2018 - Whitley Bay Seafront Regenration
- 22nd January 2018 - Old Photos of Newcastle University
- 11th January 2018 - Royal Victoria Infirmary
- 11th January 2018 - Forth Banks 2017 Onwards
- 11th January 2018 - Elswick
- 11th January 2018 - Northumberland Road
- 11th January 2018 - Westmorland Road
- 10th January 2018 - Discovery Museum
- 10th January 2018 - Bigg Market, Cloth Market, Groat Market
Updated Pages in recent weeks
- 8th April 2018 - Bigg Market, Cloth Market, Groat Market
- 8th April 2018 - Newgate Street Shopping Centre Redevelopment
- 2nd March 2018 - Civic Centre
- 1st March 2018 - Newgate Street Shopping Centre Redevelopment
- 1st March 2018 - Pilgrim Street
- 22nd January 2018 - Downing Plaza
- 22nd January 2018 - Haymarket - The Response (War Memorial)
- 22nd January 2018 - Leazes Terrace
- 22nd January 2018 - Gallowgate
- 12th January 2018 - Tynemouth
- 12th January 2018 - The Collingwood Monument
- 12th January 2018 - Tynemouth Castle and Priory
- 12th January 2018 - Clayton Street
- 9th January 2018 - Newgate Street Shopping Centre Demolition and Construction
- 9th January 2018 - Downing Plaza
- 9th January 2018 - Newcastle Science Central
Below are a few of the most popular photos on this site. Mouseover to find out what page they are from or click on them to be taken to that page.
All images on here are © newcastlephotos.blogspot.com/ please contact me if you wish to use any of my photographs for any purpose.