Most of all I like to document the ever increasing pace of change here in Newcastle taking snapshots of places before and after they change. I also hope this website showcases our amazing city or gives you an enjoyable trip down memory lane.
The full list of parts of Newcastle that I've photographed can be seen in the rather unwieldy sidebar over there on the left. You can also browse this site two other ways. The first way is by area, each of the following 6 areas Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Durham and South Tyneside have their own page with a link list and interactive map. The second way is by labels, at the bottom of each page, which means if you click on the label "Byker" or "Heaton" you will see all the pages which have photographs from that area.
You can also enjoy guided walks in my Walking the River Tyne Westwards Project in which I walked from Newcastle to Hexham in 8 stages, see some Old Photos of Newcastle and Reader Submitted Old Photos of Newcastle.
Please get in touch if you have any old photos of the area that you would like to share with the readers of this site or if there is a part of Newcastle you would like to see featured here in the future.
Recent New Pages
- 31st March 2020 - Manors
- 18th March 2020 - Ouseburn 2020
- 18th March 2020 - Apologies for the lack of updates of late as I've been a little unwell. Back on my feet now but facing 12 weeks of self isolation. The good news is that I have hundreds and hundreds of photos waiting to go up on here taken in the last year or two that I hav'nt had time to post. I should find the time in coming weeks though. Stay safe and try to be considerate of others in these trying times.
- 12th February 2020 - River Tyne & Quayside 2020
- 17th December 2019 - City Road
- 11th December 2019 - Archbold Terrace Redevelpment
- 25th November 2019 - Fenwicks Christmas Window
- 1st November 2019 - Prudhoe Chare
- 4th October 2019 - Hadrian's Tower
- 8th August 2019 - Walker Road - May 2019
- 9th July 2019 - Quayside 2019
- 12th June 2019 - Seaton Sluice
- 18th April 2019 - Allendale, Northmberland
Recently Updated Pages
- 29th March 2020 - St James Park
- 18th March 2020 - Harbottle Park
- 18th March 2020 - Hadrian's Tower
- 12th February 2020 - All Saints Church
- 12th February 2020 - Tyne Bridge
- 23rd December 2019 - St Anns Church
- 20th December 2019 - Quayside 2019
- 20th December 2019 - Moot Hall
- 20th December 2019 - Sir Bobby Robson's Statue
- 20th December 2019 - Hadrian's Tower
- 20th December 2019 - Newcastle City Centre Skyline
- 17th December 2019 - Gateshead - CoMusica Graffiti Wall
- 7th November 2019 - Gallowgate
Below are a few of the most popular photos on this site. Mouseover to find out what page they are from or click on them to be taken to that page.
All images on here are © newcastlephotos.blogspot.com/ please contact me if you wish to use any of my photographs for any purpose.