Most of the photos on this page are taken in an area between Welbeck Road and Walker Road which is only a small part of Walker. Other parts of Walker will follow at some stage.
Walker is notable for Walker Park, the Walker Riverside Park, and the Lady Stephenson Library.
Walker is also the birthplace of Eric Burdon lead singer of The Animals & later War. The Animals recorded a song called "Gonna Send You Back To Walker"
Another Walkerite, the author, journalist and broadcaster Keith Topping, titled one of the chapter's in his novel The Hollow Men, The St. Anthony's Chinese Takeaway Massacre.
The Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi grew up in Walker and played his youth football for the local team Walker Central.
Text courtesy of Wikipedia.
10th February 2021
Birds Nest Road.
16th January 2009
Monkchester Road, The Rec
The home ground of Walker Central FC.
23rd September 2008
The County public house, Walker Road.
8th July 2007
St Anthony's Road.
St Vincent's RC Primary School on Monkchester Road.
30th November 2006
30th December 2005
See my other photos around Walker:
- Walker - AP Appledore Shipyard - Abandoned
- Walker - Church Walk Shopping Centre
- Walker - Neptune Energy Park
- Walker - Scrogg Road War Memorial
- Walker - St Anthonys School
- Walker - Walker Comprehensive School
- Walker - Walker Parish Church & Cemetery
- Walker - Walker Road
- Walker - Wharrier St School Demolition
- Walker - Woodside Avenue
- Walker Park
- Walker Riverside Park