The School was designated as a specialist Technology College by the DfEE from 1 September 2000 and this provided an opportunity to build on the technological investment that had been made. The name was changed from Walker School to Walker Technology College from September 2000.
In September 2011 a new school was opened at the nearby Waverdale Avenue and I'd read somewhere that these old buildings were due to be demolished soon. As good a time as any to take a few photos.
Description courtesy of Walker Technology College.
13th September 2011
See my other photos around Walker:
- Walker - AP Appledore Shipyard - Abandoned
- Walker - Church Walk Shopping Centre
- Walker - Neptune Energy Park
- Walker - Scrogg Road War Memorial
- Walker - St Anthonys Estate & Welbeck Rd
- Walker - St Anthonys School
- Walker - Walker Parish Church & Cemetery
- Walker - Walker Road
- Walker - Wharrier St School Demolition
- Walker - Woodside Avenue
- Walker Park
- Walker Riverside Park