The £250,000 brass statue was paid for by the family of ex-chairman Freddy Shepherd.
Northumberland artist Tom Maley spent almost six months casting the structure.
Edit: Sometime in early 2022 the statue was moved from the site of the old toilets on Barrack Road to just over 100ft inside the boundaries of St James' Park and next the statue of Sir Bobby Robson.
Text taken from BBC News.
19th June 2022
4th November 2016
27th September 2016
Unveiling Of Alan Shearer Statue At St James' Park.
See my other photos around St James' Park:
- St James' Park
- St James' Park - Jackie Milburn Statue
- St James' Park - Sir Bobby Robson Memorial Garden
- St James' Park - Sir Bobby Robson Remembrance
- St James' Park - Sir Bobby Robson Statue
- Barrack Road - Downing Plaza Construction
- Leazes Park
- Leazes Terrace
- Newcastle Science Central
- Scottish & Newcastle Breweries
- Wellington Street - J&W Lowry - Abandoned
Post a Comment