I called in on my Ovingham to Bywell walk, which was part 5 of my Walking the River Tyne Westwards Project, and it was shut for the day so I was restricted to photos of the outside. One day I will make it back for a proper visit.
- Wood Cuts by Thomas Bewick
- Discovering Bewick. The Discovering Bewick project aims to make accessible works by the eighteenth century wood-engraver Thomas Bewick which are held in collections at the Laing Art Gallery and City Library (Pease Collection) in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. This representative selection shows images which maybe familiar as well as others that have never been displayed before now. All the examples are original (not reproduced) works by Thomas Bewick or his apprentices. They include paintings, drawings, woodblocks, copperplates and the exquisite wood-engravings which made Thomas Bewick a celebrity in his own lifetime.
- Thomas Bewick From Wikipedia
- The Bewick Society has downloadable back issues of the Cherryburn Times.
- Chronology of Thomas Bewick from Thomas Bewick (1753-1828).
- Bewick's Select fables of Aesop and others. With illustrations by Thomas Bewick.
- Photo Gallery - Cherryburn
- Wood Engravings by Thomas Bewick
- A pig 'print' which blogger Coastcard bought at Cherryburn can be viewed here Peccary or Mexican Hog.
- Tale-pieces - The Blog of the Bewick Society