St John The Baptist Church

St John The Baptist Church, located in the centre of Newcastle Upon Tyne, is one of Newcastle's oldest buildings and is a 12th century Grade 1 listed building.

Some fragments of the original building remain, but the church is mainly medieval. Worthy of note are the 16th century font cover, the Jacobean pulpit and the reredos in the chancel. Amongst the fragments of medieval glass is the earliest known representation of the city’s coat of arms.






23rd March 2013








11th September 2009




























12th July 2007








More Information:
See my other photos around St John The Baptist Church:

6 comments:

epsonone said...

Your church are well published but where is the old Public houses ???
Well done

Newcastle Photos said...

Cheers.

I will get around to pubs one day :)
In the meantime have you seen this site? Old Pub Photos of Newcastle upon Tyne.

epsonone said...

It good but not as good as yours

Newcastle Photos said...

Why, thank you, kind sir :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention for my site, www.newcastlepubphotos.co.uk I am just an amateur web builder. I thought that I would put the photos on there 'cause so many people wanted to see them. It has resulted in many entries in the guest book from all over the world.

Newcastle Photos said...

You are more than welcome, I enjoyed a look around your site.
I will add your site link to my links page sooner or later.