Byker Estate page 2

Although I have covered the estae before here the estate is currently undergoing a paint job and a general tidy up so I thought it was worth another visit.

All the following photos were taken in May, June and July 2011.
Street names with a ? afterwards may not be 100% correct due to the maze like nature of the estate. If you know better please pipe up in the comments and let me know and I will edit them.


Chirton Wynd




Jubilee Terrace




Headlam Street




Jubilee Terrace




Chirton Wynd




Grace Street




Chirton Wynd




Jubilee Terrace




Benson Place




Felton Green




Raby Way




Headlam Street




Michaelgate




St Michaels Mount




Carville Rise




Brinkburn Street




Raby Street




Raby Street - Once the Hare & Hounds




Raby Street




Gordon Road




Brock Square?




Brock Square?




Gordon Road




St Michaels Road - The old Health Centre and Library




Dibley Square?




Bolam Coyne




Kendal Street




Gordon Road




Dibley Square?




Raby Cross




Ayton Rise




Whickham Gardens




The Brow




Ayton Rise




Ayton Rise




Raby Way




Lilburn Close




Tom Collins House




Byker Bank




Low Fold




Low Fold




Clive Place




Bolam Coyne




Finchdale Terrace




Panoramic Photo


8 comments:

Yvonne Young said...

It`s great that you are documenting this, I`ll take a bet that nobody else is. x

ILuvNUFC said...

Thanks, and aye you are probably right about no one else doing it. At least on this scale anyway.
Byker is one my favourite places on this earth and as the architecture and the people are unique.

toontotty said...

don't think those shots you have of Brock Square are correct, I lived there in the late 1970s -1980's. But loved the other photo's [lease keep up the good work.

ILuvNUFC said...

Thanks.
Do you know the names that they should have?

Anonymous said...

Do you have any of kendal house?

ILuvNUFC said...

I will have a look through my photos over the weekend and if I have I will put one up here. If I don't have a photo of Kendal House I will take one next time I pass the area.

Anonymous said...

why there nee pictures of Janet Sq r street thats byker

ILuvNUFC said...

I know it's part of Byker as I used to live there!
When I was out taking these photos Janet Square was full of kids playing out and in the current climate I am not keen on taking photos when kids are around.
I will stick Kendal House and Janet Square on my list for next time.