The inscription reads
Erected by public subscription in honoured memory of the gallant men of Walker who sacrificed their lives in the Great War 1914-1918, 1939-1945.
12th February 2021
5th January 2010
See my other photos around Walker:
- Walker - AP Appledore Shipyard - Abandoned
- Walker - Church Walk Shopping Centre
- Walker - Neptune Energy Park
- Walker - St Anthonys Estate & Welbeck Rd
- Walker - St Anthonys School
- Walker - Walker Comprehensive School
- Walker - Walker Parish Church & Cemetery
- Walker - Walker Road
- Walker - Wharrier St School Demolition
- Walker - Woodside Avenue
- Walker Park
- Walker Riverside Park
I'm sure the Angel used to be holding a ring of some sort in it's hand.
Great pics, and thanks for the memories...I haven't seen that statue for about 10 years or so.
I can't remember it changing but I will ask around as I know someone who lives quite close to it. Maybe some yobs smashed it or something!
the angel used to have a laurel wreath in her right hand but the hand has been replaced but not the wreath http://www.twsitelines.info/smr/5205
Post a Comment