The Church of England parish church of St. Andrew is thought to have been consecrated in 676. St Wilfrid is supposed to have built the church at the same time as Hexham Abbey was constructed. It has been altered several times throughout the centuries, with a Norman doorway still in evidence, as well as a lych gate constructed in memory of the soldiers killed in the First World War.
Text harvested from Corbridge - Wikipedia
This is the pavement of the communal oven for the baking of the villagers' bread and meat. It was first recorded in 1310 as the Kings Oven in the then Royal Borough of Corbridge, and was last in use in the 19th century
There are only three fortified vicarages in the county, and one of these is in Corbridge. The Vicar's Pele is to be found in the south-east corner of the churchyard, and has walls 1.3 metres (4 ft) in thickness. It was a three-storey pele tower, with one room to each storey, built in the churchyard in 1318, and used as the vicarage for the adjacent church. It is built largely from sandstone taken from the Roman fortress at Coria nearby. It was in use as a vicarage until the early 17th century. The original interior has been gutted.
Text harvested from Corbridge Vicar's Pele - Wikipedia
Which, mounted on a roman altar from Corstopitum, stood for some 600 years in the market place. It was removed in 1807, and restored and re-erected on it's present site in 1975.
St Andrews Church history here St. Andrew's Church - Corbridge, Saxon Church of St Andrews, Corbridge and here Corbridge Parish Council.
More on Vicars Pele here Corbridge Vicars Pele, SINE Project, Structure Details for Vicar's Pele Tower and here castleuk.net - Vicar's Pele Corbridge St Andrews Church.