RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) is a Cunard Line ocean liner named after the earlier Cunard liner RMS Queen Elizabeth. She was the flagship of the line from 1969 until succeeded by RMS Queen Mary 2 in 2004.
The ship made her first ever visit to the region on 16 September, calling at the Port of Tyne for an overnight stay as part of her 40th anniversary voyage around the UK. I took the chance to go down to the Spanish Battery near Tynemouth Priory to get a few photographs of her entering the River Tyne which she eventually managed at the fourth attempt! See BBC TYNE - QE2 enters Tyne at fourth attempt.
- QE2 sets off on birthday cruise
- Wikipedia - RMS Queen Elizabeth 2
- University of Glasgow Archive Services - Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2) 40 years on
- QE2 Home Page
- BBC - Colourful history of famous ship
- Photos Aboard Queen Elizabeth 2
- Cunard - Queen Elizabeth 2
- Great Ocean Liners - Queen Elizabeth 2 1969 to Present Day
- Photos from a Transatlantic Crossing in December 2004