This page is my guide to Newcastle-upon-Tyne and the surrounding area.
Consider it a work in progress as I will be adding a more to this page as and when. This page will hopefully end up a complete guide to Newcastle so if you need to know anything about Newcastle you will be able to come straight here.
Feel free to submit any links about Newcastle to me and I will stick them up here.
- The Evening Chronicle
- The Journal
- Tyne Tees TV
- BBC - Look North
- BBC Radio Newcastle
- Metro Radio
- Century FM
- The Northern Echo
- Newcastle International Airport
- East Coast. Trains
- Tyne and Wear Metro
- Shields Ferry
- BBC Travel News
- Traveline North East. Public transport information
Jesmond Dene Photos
Jesmond Dene - Pets Corner Photos
Jesmond Dene - Pets Corner Regeneration Photos
Jesmond Dene Banqueting Hall Photos
Jesmond Dene Mill / Waterfall Photos
Jesmond Dene Snow Photos - Various Dates
Jesmond Dene - Snow November 2010
Jesmond Dene - St Mary's Chapel Photos
Jesmond Dene Landslide - November 2012
Jesmond Dene and Pets Corner
Museums and Galleries
- Discovery Museum
- Great North Museum: Hancock
- Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths and Museum
- Stephenson Railway Museum
- Laing Art Gallery
- Side Gallery
- Hatton Gallery
- BALTIC The Centre for Contemporary Art
- Life Science Centre
Entertainment and Music Venues
- Theatre Royal
- Live Theatre
- The Hyena Comedy Cafe
- Mill Volvo Tyne Theatre
- Northern Stage
- The People's Theatre
- The Burglar's Dog. Pub reviews
- The Gate. Odeon cinema and restaurants.
- Theatres. Schedules and show reviews.
- The Tyneside Cinema
- Metro Radio Arena
- The Sage Gateshead
- Newcastle City Hall
- Carling Academy Newcastle
- Heaton Stannington FC and Full Potential Sports Massage keeping The Stan players fit and well.
- Newcastle United. Football
- Newcastle United Fan Sites
- Newcastle United Wallpapers
- St. James Park Photos
- Newcastle Falcons. Rugby
- Newcastle Eagles. Basketball
- Newcastle Greyhound Stadium
- Newcastle Diamonds. See also The History Of Newcastle Speedway
- Newcastle Racecourse
- Look North webcam
- Tyne Bridge South Tower Camera
- Tyne Bridge North Tower Camera
- BBC Tyne River Tyne Webcam
- Tyne Tunnel WebCams
- Northumbria University Webcams
- The Geordie Chronicles
- The House of the Orange Monkey - Mr Monkey in the North-East
- Newcastle Stuff
- Andy Capp comics
- The Grand Catalog of Conrad Bladey's Beuk of Newcassel Sangs
- Geordie Songs. Anti-Mackem MP3's to download
- windaz 2 thoosand. Windows for Geordies.
- Pre-Menopausal Women`s Pass(ed) Times
- Herbwormwood's Blog
- Our Man in Cameroon
- Tim Stabler
- Bifurcated Rivets
- Losing it
- This Too Will Pass
- New Links
- Silent Words Speak Loudest
- Michael Adams - Fashion, music and reviews.
- Renaissance - Newcastle Gateshead's Regeneration Magazine
- New Northumbria
- Write from the beginning
- The Churches of Britain and Ireland's Tyne & Wear and Northumberland pages.
- Tyneside Family History and Kane Surname Celtic Origins from Ireland to Newcastle.A history of Newcastle and colliery villages in the North East of England, in particular the areas of , Seghill, Cramlington, Killingworth, Burradon, Seaton Burn and Weetslade in Northumberland in the 19th Century.
- Local Records By John Sykes
- Tomorrows History. The regional local studies site for the North East of England.
- A Descriptive and Historical Account of the Town and County of Newcastle
- Newcastle Past and Present
- Newcastle Community Heritage Project
- The Official Hadrian's Wall Country Website
- Myers Newcastle Time Line
- A Record of the Great Fire in Newcastle and Gateshead published in 1855 at Google Books. Free .PDF download as well.
- NE History
- A Vision Of Newcastle
- Literary and Philosophical Society
- Northumbrian Association
- Ouseburn Valley Heritage - A Chronology
- OldNewcastle - Where The Story Begins
- North-East History Hub
- Postcards of Whitley Bay then and now
- Postcards of Monkseaton then and now
- A humorous conversion of English to Geordie
- Geordie Phrases
- Newcastle English (Geordie)
- The New Geordie Dictionary
- BBC - Voices
Other Local Photography
- Old Pub Photos of Newcastle upon Tyne. Also YouTube - Old Newcastle East End Pubs.
- Castles & Illustrated Walks from the Tyne to the Tweed
- Steve Ellwood.org.uk
- Newcastle Libraries' photostream
- Side Photographic Collection Online
- Richard Shepherd
- Mike Kipling.com
- Newcastle Community Heritage Project | Image Gallery
- Graeme Peacock.com
- Panoramic photos of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Jim Scott's Website
- Tynemouth Pictures
- Espion Daily
- Dave Robinsons Page
- Fresh Page Photography
- E.J.R. Photography
- Newcastle upon Tyne Daily Photo
- Newcastle upon Tyne and Northumberland Daily Photo
- Photo-a-day 2008
- Byker photography exhibition by Sirkka-Liisa Konttinen. Click more under the photos on the right.
- VR Newcastle - Guide to Newcastle upon Tyne
- Building the Tyne Bridge photography exhibition
- Scotswood Road photography exhibition. Working class community in Newcastle upon Tyne, photographed in 1950s/60s by Jimmy Forsyth.
- In the City - a set on Flickr
- The Exiles. The Exiles create songs for and about NUFC and the Toon Army.
- 100 questions covering Newcastle and Gateshead
- Tyneside Graveyards Explored
- Newcastle Forum
- Tinseltoon From Harry Potter to Purely Belter. Find out about some of the movies that have been filmed in Tyneside and Northumberland.
- A Virtual Tour of Tiled Newcastle upon Tyne
- Newcastle Brown Ale cheddar soup
- Newcastle Brown Homepage
- Newcastle Brown Ice Cream
- Tyne Bridges
- Gary Hogg's Fairly Truthful Geordie Website
- Newcastle Tall Ships Race 2005
- Folk Archive Resource North East. Access 4,000 songs, tunes, sound recordings and photographs from across North East England, bringing the musical heritage of the region alive.
- Byker Cully Tour (Link fixed)
- Tyne & Wear Graffiti (2006), Tyne & Wear Old-Skool Graffiti and Flickr: North East Graffiti photosets from Flickr.
- Newcastle: Definition and Much More From Answers.com
- Get Carter - Behind the scenes A short article about the making of get Carter here on Tyneside with a few more interesting links at the bottom of the page.
- Get Carter Tour. Locations from the original film set on Tyneside.
- Tyne Advantages. Scans of a 100 page promotional booklet published by the Newcastle and Gateshead Chamber of Commerce in about 1908.
BBC - Nation on Film - Tyne Bridge - Construction
Newcastle Evening Chronicle Advert Video
All Saints Church
Millenium Bridge Opening
Geordielife Video Gallery