All Saints Church is situated on the brow of a steep bank, on the south side of Silver-street, at the foot of Pilgrim-street. It was erected on 1796, at a cost of £27,000, on the site of the former church of All Saints, which was erected previous to the year 1284, but the precise date is not known. It is an elliptical structure of 86 feet by 72, and in the Grecian Style of architecture, the spire having an elevation of 202 feet. This elegant edifice is constructed of freestone, and the pews are all formed of mahogany.
A photo of the wheelchair entrance that has been cut out of the wall kindly sent in by Pete Besthood.
Here is a video clip of in around the church taken from a TV programme called Pevsners Cities. Thanks to Hippy Tony for ripping the clip from TV.
Newcastle, All Saints, Northumberland:- Church History
Newcastle, All Saints, Northumberland:- Church Records